People are Process with Text

People are Process with Text
myHome: www.thcal.com
I am in the process of adding text and images to this site. There is no structure, nor order in it yet.

Sunday, May 17, 2015

"Tris, could you handle the Electronics Course for the Sophomore Computer Science students? It is their only Electronics course in their four years here. Make it enjoyable for them!" - Dr Rosula S.J. Reyes, Chair ECCE Department, School of Science and Engineering, Ateneo de Manila University

And of course, my answer is, "Consider it DONE!"



"People are Process" is a term that
I coined to describe my approach to the human resource. It gives due respect to the person's dynamism and uniqueness, as an evolving individual.


In "developmental environments," as in a class room, or in a managerial or supervisory role, the facilitator/teacher/manager/supervisor approaches the person with utmost respect.

What do I want to teach? I teach the subject matter prescribed by the school.


How do I teach? I get my students to UNVEIL to me their learning aspirations. I have created a group process that enables them to hand these over to me on a "silver platter." 


The rest is all FUN. 



The Ateneo de Manila University gave me the "School of Science and Engineering 

Dean's Award for Teaching Innovation" in 2002, for this methodology.

As they saw the effect on the students, the

"Ateneo Schools Parents Advisory Council" (ASPAC) 
honored me with the
"Outstanding Part-time Teacher Award" in 2003.

My daughter, Tina Calasanz, studied my teaching methodology as she was taking her Master's Degree in Philosophy at the University of the Philippines. On March 16, 2002, she submitted her findings in a Paper to Dr Zosimo Lee, her Professor in Philosophy of Education, for which she received an "A" grade.







Some of the pages here contain the work of my students from year 2000 to 2009. The subjects covered are 
  • Computer Interfacing for 
    • Graduating Electronics and Communications Engineering students
    • Graduating Computer Engineering students
  • Basic Electronics Lab
  • Electronics for Computer Science Students (also known as, "Enjoying Electronics")
  • Faculty Thesis Adviser for 
    • Undergraduate Research Theses on 
      • Instrumentation and Control
      • Automation
      • "Instrumentation with a Humanitarian Dimension" 
    • Undergraduate and Graduate Research Theses on Energy